Tuesday 25 November 2008

The trip...

I am going to Goa… Impromptu… Without any rhyme or reason… Without any plans…

I am just packing my bags and leaving… Because I need to… I need to, not get away or runaway, but I need to because I need to travel somewhere… Anywhere.

Even though I have been to Goa before but every trip shows one something new…

And I hope I discover something new about myself…

About the people around me…

I have always loved traveling… some of my earliest memories are of being on a road trip with my parents… For my dad it comes with the job… He’s in the defence and luckily for him both my mom and me love packing our bags and leaving for the next destination… of course at times I have wondered about how I really have no real home or link to my supposed heritage.. I am a Bengali who cant eat fish or talk the language in a refined manner and I don’t like sweets very much… I am more of a Butter chicken and Sizzlers eating person… And no I am not proud of not being able to speak Bengali properly... it is a shame!!

But nevertheless I have loved my childhood for all its craziness and meeting new people.

And since the past few days hearing stories about people exploring old and new destinations I felt oddly restless…

SO I am leaving tonight…

Hopefully when I am back I will have interesting and funny things to share…

Though there is one thing… I could have easily traded Goa for Delhi… I am craving for Roomali roti’s and Kababs… And some things more…

But I didn’t get the sign…

Wish I had received one in time.. I would have come there without thinking twice...

6 comments:

thusspakerono said...

Is the Bengali thingy in light of our lil chat the other day...?

Ire said...

I second you there. I am a bengali too who cant eat fish [pure veggie here!] nor can talk bengali very well.

Hope you have an amazing trip! Plus I like Delhi too!

Chrisann said...

Sigh I am soooooooooooo jealous right now,

with the wedding a month or so away I really need it...
I just wanna pack my bags and join you, can I?
I'm a nice travel companion
promise :)

Kaushik said...

well you do know how to make people jealous :-) goa goa goa....i wanna go! have a nice time....and the origin thing? im a tamilian born and brought up in pune who speaks better marathi than tamil....beat that! (P.S: Sorry for the absence...a new post will be up today!)

umangexuberance said...

I went to goa last month
awesome place..have a blast
by the way..I too am jealous, one of these I too just wanna g out all by myself, instead of with my parents
I want to explore to travel to live

zephyr said...

@Rono
No I always knew that aspect about myself but the tlk just reaffirmed taht fact.. =D

@Nikki
Ur vegetarian Bong!! now that's a first I've seen.. I had a brilliant trip.. will write abt it soon.. =D

@Chrisann
Sheesh!!! I saw this late!! BUt of course u cud have joined me.. wud have been fun n a help when I wanted to shop =D
Golly !! ur getting married ina month!! wow... how long were u engaged? I warn u that I am a sucker for stories like these.. I go all starry eyed! =D

@Kaushik
U bet u had disappeared!! hehe...
welcome back

@Umang
Trips with parents are so different n hassle free... BUt truie fun is when u have to travel with friends or alone.. u have no plans then... absolutely none! =D